Making a Coffeemate Container Penguin
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 148 Posts
December 16, 2015
This cute penguin starts with a Coffeemate container, some felt, and a hot glue gun. It is a great gift for a teacher or fellow workers.
Total Time: About an hour including time for painting
Source: Original Pattern
- 1 Coffee-Mate Creamer bottle
- 1 red felt square
- 1 yellow felt square
- 1/3 yd black felt
- 2 10mm wiggley eyes
- 1 inch red pom-pom
- 1 scissors
- 1 hot glue sticks and glue gun
- 1 white spray paint....must be compatible with plastic
- 1 candy cane
Note: Use hot glue for all parts of construction.
- Remove label from a large Coffeemate container, and wash the container and red cap. Set cap aside, make sure the outside of the bottle is dry.
- Spray the "outside" of the bottle with several light coats, about 4 coats, of the spray paint, allowing to dry between coats. If you spray too heavily, the paint will run. Do not paint the inside if you plan to fill with candy inside. I filled mine with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Follow the step by step pictures.
- Cut the black tux jacket from the black felt. It is about 10 x 6 inches rounded on the corners. Also cut a bow tie from the black felt. I bought my felt in the fabric department because the felt squares are not big enough.
- For the scarf you will need a strip of red felt 1/2 inch wide and about 19 inches long. Snip the ends for a fringe.
- Wrap the scarf around the neck loosely and hook the end of the candy cane into the knot.
- The beak is a one inch square of yellow felt folded corner to corner to form a triangle, then glued in place.
- Follow the picture to make the feet. Fold the felt, and you can cut both feet out and leave them attached in the center as the picture shows.
- Glue the eyes and the red pompom for the hat in place.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.