Gingerbread Chex Mix
I wanted to use a gingerbread themed gift to give to friends and neighbors. I found some cute gingerbread containers to put the mix in. The gingerbread designed napkins, cookie cutters, and candy canes add to the gift presentation.
This recipe is a combination of two Chex mix recipes with a few minor ingredient changes, mixed together to make a colorful gingerbread themed, Christmas snack mix.
- Christmas Crunch Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Frosted Cheerios
- 1 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 16 oz. package Candiquik vanilla candy coating
- 1 cup red and green M & M's
- small gingerbread cookies
- Gingerbread Chex Mix
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 Tbsp brown suagr
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- For Christmas Crunch Mix, mix first four ingredients in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, melt Candiquik according to package directions. Pour coating over the ingredients in large bowl and toss to coat with a spoon. (I wash my hands really well and use them to mix and distribute coating evenly over mix.) Spread onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Then, add the peanuts, M & M's, and sprinkles over the top and allow to dry.
- For Gingerbread Chex Mixture, place cereal in a large bowl. In a glass bowl, place butter, brown sugar, molasses and spices together. Melt on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring once, until everything is mixed well and dissolved. Pour onto cereal and toss until mixed well, again using clean hands to coat mixture evenly.
- Spread onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Melt vanilla chips in small glass bowl in microwave. Using a fork, dip into melted mixture and drizzle over Gingerbread Chex Mix. Let dry. Mix the Christmas Crunch and Gingerbread mix together and store in airtight plastic container.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.