Making Glove Snowmen
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
December 11, 2012
Read More Comments
These adorable snowmen are made from a little knit glove. They are so cute and easy to make!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 group of snowmen
- 1 white glove
- 1-2 colored gloves
- 6 toothpicks
- orange acrylic paint
- pipe cleaner
- 7mm pom poms
- yarn or ribbon (for scarves)
- 3mm pom poms, black
- tiny googly eyes
- small clay flower pot
- white embroidery floss
- colored embroidery floss (that matches colored glove)
- hot glue gun
- Dip the tips of 5 toothpicks in orange acrylic paint. Poke them into something (cardboard or styrofoam) so that they can dry.
- Stuff the white gloves with polyfil. I found that a chopstick helped get the polyfil into the fingers.
- Snip the finger off of the colored gloves. These will be the little winter hats.
- Now decorate the hats. I left one plain (just rolling the edge), I did one with a tied top (using matching embroidery floss), and I glue a pom pom onto the other one.
- Next, cut two pieces of pipe cleaner for the earmuffs. Run a line of glue along the tip of the glove finger and adhere the pipe cleaner. Then glue on the pom poms.
- Now glue on the googly eyes. I found that the easiest way was to use a tooth pick to get glue from the glue gun, then put some glue on the eye. No burned fingers. :)
- It's time to dress them up now. Tie on the scarves, then glue on the pom pom buttons.
- Place the snowmen into the flower pot and stuff polyfil around them to hold them up.
- To form the head on the snowmen, tie a length of white embroidery floss around their necks. Cinch it tight enough to define the head. Then cut off any extra floss.
- Once the toothpick noses are completely dry, use scissors to snip off the ends. Dip the cut end into hot glue and then adhere them to the snowmen.
This video shows you the steps to making a snowman decoration out of a glove.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.