Jingle Bell Craft Ideas
Jingle bells are a great craft supply to have on hand for Christmas crafts. You can do a simple ornament with kids using a large jingle bell and ribbon. Or you can use small jingle bells and integrate them in a crochet scarf or pin. Here are a few craft ideas our Thriftyfun community members came up with.
December 21, 2005
This is simple but children love it. Decorate silver or gold store bought jingle bells with a sparkling ribbon and ring accordingly!
Materials and Equipment:
- a gold or silver jingle bell
- a thin piece of metallic ribbon, about 10 inches long, color of your choice
- metallic thread, gold or silver
Read More Comments
- Place the jingle bell in front of you. You can use any size of bell you like. The one in the photo is about 1.5 inches in diameter, but I have also done this craft with smaller bells.
- Cut off a length of thread, about ten to twelve inches long. Loop the thread through the hanger on the top of the jingle bell and tie the loose ends into a knot. You can use this loop to hang the bell on an evergreen branch or a doorknob.
- Take your piece of ribbon and thread it through the hanger on the top of the bell. Tie the ribbon into a bow. I find ribbon with wire incorporated into it works well here, as you can fashion the bow into a more three-dimensional structure and it will stay in that shape.
- Hang your jingle bell on your tree or wherever you like. Be sure to give it a ring now and then!
3 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an easy craft for a musical instrument, using items you probably already have at home. Crafts like these are an easy way to occupy your kids when it's too cold to play outside.
November 18, 2008
Christmas is coming! It is time to start thinking about those presents we want to make for our family and loved ones. I have young adults who are very into the latest fashions and I have noticed that one of the latest trends is away from the thick wide scarf that we all grew up with to a small thin scarf that is very long.
This is a page about making a quick jingle bell lapel pin. This fun little pin only requires a few supplies to make and then you will be ready for the season.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.