Making Santa Gift Wrap Using Newsprint
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
December 6, 2014
Turn unprinted newsprint paper into designer Christmas gift wrap. Stamp images of Santa and add stars to the paper. Add squiggly shapes and Z-shaped doodles, and create a foolproof collage. This beautiful gift wrap will add a special touch to your Christmas gifts, and the recipients will definitely feel that its time to celebrate!
Total Time: 40 minutes ~ including drying time for Super-tack glue
Yield: depends on length of newsprint paper used
- unprinted newsprint paper
- Father Christmas stamp
- black pigment stamp pad
- red and golden craft foil
- Foilart Super-tack glue pen
- colored felt-tip pens: red and green
- Pilot silver marker pen
- star-shaped cookie cutter
- standard scissors
- Cut a strip of unprinted newsprint paper. Use a piece of Poster Tack on each corner of the strip and stick it to a flat working surface.
- Start by stamping images of Santa onto the strip of newspaper print. Apply ink from the stamp pad onto the stamp and press the image onto the strip of newsprint paper. Repeat, stamping in a random manner, until there are images of Santa all over the newsprint paper.
- Use the red felt-tip pen to add some color to each stamped Santa's hat.
- Use the Pilot silver marker pen to add some squiggly shapes and Z-shaped doodles in between the stamped images.
- Place the cookie cutter onto the strip of paper and trace all around the cookie cutter. Lift and repeat until you have traced several stars onto the strip of paper.
- Add Super-tack glue over the outlines of all the stars. Also add squiggly shapes to the centres of the stars.
- Use the Super-tack glue pen to add some squiggly shapes in between the images of Santa and the stars.
- Allow the Super-tack glue to dry for about 20 minutes. When the glue is wet, it is blue, but when it is dry it becomes transparent.
- Press the golden foil down on the stars. Remember that - of course - the golden side of the foil must be on top. Lightly rub the foil over the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack glue pen. Carefully lift the foil. On the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack pen, some of the foil will stay behind.
- Now cover the squiggly shapes drawn with the Super-tack glue pen with the red foil.
- Finish it off by adding green squiggly shapes and Z-shaped doodles.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.