Maple Yule Log Recipes
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 162 Posts
December 22, 2012
Maple Yule Logs are a family favorite. I think they are a nice compliment to many of the chocolate, peppermint, and ginger flavored cookies. They taste a lot like maple bar donuts.
Total Time: 1 1/2 Hours
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp maple flavoring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- Maple Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 - 3 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp maple flavoring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat 3/4 cup butter until softened. Add brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, maple flavoring, and salt. Beat well. Add flour and beat until well mixed. Chill 1 hour.
- Divide dough into eighths. Roll each eighth into a rope 1/2 inch in diameter. Cut into 3 inch logs.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- For frosting beat 1/4 cup butter until fluffy. Add 1/2 the powdered sugar and mix well. Beat in milk and maple flavoring. Add enough powdered sugar to make spreadable.
- Frost tops and sides of cooled cookies, swirling to resemble bark.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.