Let It Snow Paper Plate Craft
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
Christmas is just around the corner. Time to get the kids excited! Here is a fun Christmas craft that the kids can do. Turn a paper plate into a cute decoration. Afterwards, let them put it up against mom's fridge to share their excitement with the family. Whoo-hoo!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: one paper plate decoration
- standard white economy paper plate
- three 4.3" x 0.6" green foam sticks
- eleven small golden stars
- red star
- 25-30 multifaceted pure white 5mm rhinestones
- red bow
- green acrylic paint
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Optional: fine golden embroidery floss
- Using unthinned paint, dab an uneven layer of green paint on to the top side of the paper plate. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Glue the three foam sticks in a triangular shape to add a "tree."
- Add stars to the Christmas tree. Optional: Older kids can string pieces of golden embroidery floss across the tree, and glue the stars over the ends of the strings. Allow to dry, before cutting off any floss protruding beyond the stars.
- Glue the red star to the top of the tree.
- Glue the white rhinestones around the tree to add "snowflakes," glue the red bow below the tree and voila!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.