Making a Felt Stocking Filler Bag
This Christmas, make this easy felt stocking filler bag. The bag in itself is a gift that could be used year after year, and you will earn double points if you fill the bag with a sweet little treat.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one bag
- two pieces of dark green felt, each sized 8.4" x 8.4"
- suitable felt Christmas symbol ~ in this case, a Christmas sock sized 2.4" x 2.4" was used
- 2 golden beads
- 35 inches of red organza ribbon
- dark green thread
- needle that would fit through the beads
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- sewing machine
- Put the two pieces of felt on top of each other. Sew the bottom and the sides together leaving a seam allowance of 0.2". Cut the bottom corners at an angle.
- Sew a seam at the top, leaving a seam allowance of 0.5". When sewing across the side seams, fold the side seams open to create a channel for the drawstring.
- Turn the bag right side out. Cut a small opening into the top seam, making sure to cut only through the top layer of the seam.
- Thread the ribbon through the drawstring channel.
- Glue the felt symbol to the front of the bag.
- Add a bead to each end of the ribbon. Cut the ribbon end shorter and make a knot below the bead so that the bead won't come loose.
- Add a stocking filler and voila!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.