Making a Popsicle Stick Snowflake
Read More Comments
These intricate snowflakes were easy to make and fun to design. We made them as a family and everyone chose to use a different pattern. The instructions are for only one of the designs, but feel free to create your own.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 snowflake
Source: We saw these snowflakes at a friend's house, painted red. It looked so easy, we thought we would try making them.
- 36 Popsicle sticks
- 1 hot glue gun
- 1 spray paint
- Make a triangle of popsicle sticks.
- Glue one corner of the triangle.
- Remove the unglued popsicle stick to leave a "V" shape
- Make 9 of these "V" shapes for the center area of the snowflake
- Glue the first 3, facing outward from the center.
- Glue the other 6 "V"s on the ends of those popsicle sticks, facing inward.
- Make 6 double "V"s for the outside ring of the snowflake.
- Glue the 6 double "V"s to the points facing outward.
- Spray paint your snowflake and hang it up. We painted them white and then finished with a glitter spray. Next time, we may sprinkle glitter on the wet paint instead.
This stick and yarn snowflake decoration is fun to make and can be displayed indoors or out. It uses any kind of sticks you have available; the original project was made using the handles from plastic spoons, but craft sticks or twigs would also work. Instructions follow.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.