3D Merry Father Christmas Card
Use glitter and fluffed felt to add a 3D effect to a stamped image of Father Christmas. Add a patchwork design and Christmas-themed belt ribbon to make a card that will bring a merry message to the recipient.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 9.6 x 4.7 in light red marbled cardstock
- 12 x 12 in Glitter Paper Christmas Stripes (product code #MC005) from www.upikit.com
- 12 x 12 in Jillian Apple Green scrapbook paper (product code GX-1470-28) from www.coredinations.com
- A4-sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- 0.4 in wide green and red striped belt ribbon
- golden twine
- Father Christmas stamp
- black pigment stamp pad
- 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- flesh colored acrylic paint
- black and red felt-tip pens
- white felt
- thin paintbrush
- pair of standard scissors
- quick drying glue
- Score the 9.6" x 4.7" light red marbled cardstock in half to create a card sized 4.7" x 4.7".
- Cut four 2.2" squares from the Glitter Paper Christmas Stripes.
- With the fold at the top, centre and glue the four squares to the front of the card, alternating the designs to create a patchwork.
- Use the black felt-tip pen to draw stitches onto the patchwork design
- "Frame" the patchwork design with the belt ribbon, using small drops of glue to keep the ribbon in place. Neatly cut off any protruding edges.
- Apply ink to the stamp and transfer the image onto the white printer paper. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Add glue to the hat of Father Christmas. Cover it with red glitter while the glue is still wet and shake off any excess glitter.
- Cut a strip from the white felt to add around the hat, and cut a small circle from the felt for the hat's pom-pom.
- Add a little flesh colored paint to the face of Father Christmas, and use the red felt-tip pen to add color to his cheeks and lip.
- Fluff small pieces of white felt and glue onto the beard and moustache.
- Cut a 2" square from the Jillian Apple Green scrapbook paper and use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to affix it to the front of the card.
- Cut out the Father Christmas image and glue across the apple green scrapbook square.
- Make a small bow with the golden twine and glue the bow below the Father Christmas image.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.