Christmas Goodie Bags
Santa or elf "long johns" are filled with small candies for Christmas. I made these for my daughter-in-law's special needs students.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Link: Santa's Longjohns Candy Bag
- 3 pom poms
- two small buttons
- sewing machine
- I had an old goodie bag which I used for a pattern and used it to cut out from red or green felt, a front and back.
- Next I cut a small square to go on the back side, which is the little flap for the long johns. I used a zig zag stitch, using contrasting thread, to sew this to the center of the lower back.
- Cut a 1 inch slit in the front at the top, centering it between the shoulders. Then, glue the front neck down on both sides to form a collar and let dry.
- Pin the front to back "wrong" sides together. Zig zag around the whole edge, about 1/4 inch seam. Trim the back portion of the neck even with the front.
- Using a good tacky glue or hot glue gun, glue three pom poms down the front and two buttons on the back flap. Can glue a ribbon to front side if desired.
- Fill with goodies!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.