DIY Wire Star Christmas Tree Topper
Want a custom one of a kind Christmas tree topper? You can make your own with craft wire. This worked perfectly because I couldn't find a light enough topper for our 2 ft tree that I bought last year for 90% off.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 tree topper
- gold craft wire (I used 16 g)
- plier cutters
- glue stick (or similarly sized circular object)
- Draw a star shape on a sheet of paper for your template.
- Unravel craft wire.
- Follow star template as a guide and bend your wire into the shape of a star.
- Once you achieved star, twist the ends together.
- Bend the star in a L shape.
- Begin wrapping the wire around a pen.
- Then wrap around glue stick cap.
- Your star tree topper is complete. (You may need to make some bending adjustments to make the topper stand still, or stay on your tree. Also, wrapping method may vary depending on your tree.)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.