Decorating Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
October 18, 2019
I am making handcrafted ornaments for a fall craft fair. All the clear and white ornaments are from the Dollar Store, so are all the bags of beads, snow, glitter, thin Sharpie markers and everything to decorate each ornament! These are very inexpensive to make!
- clear and white ornaments
- stick on decorations
- bags of snow, and red, silver, gold, and white beads
- fine point Sharpie markers: red, black, and green
- gold and silver thin ribbon
- tubes of glitter glue, colored, gold, red, and silver
- a stand to hang them from to dry
- When decorating the clear ornaments, gently remove the top of the ornament and place the funnel into the opening. Decide what you want to decorate with, and pour your beads and/or glitter into ornament. Only fill about 1/3 full. Replace the top of the ornament.
- Decorate the outside of the ornament with your design or decorations you have chosen. If you are artistic, you can draw with the Sharpie! This works really well on the white ornaments.
- If using the stick on pieces, you can choose from snowflakes, snowman, Xmas trees, reindeer, red bows, and so much more. Make an ornament that has a theme. Ex: snow inside, decorate outside with snowflakes, some snowflakes come in blue. This makes a beautiful ornament.
- When done decorating, use the tube of glitter glue. Put a dab on your finger and spread it thin all over the ornament in between all spaces. Do this with matching colors to your decorations.
- Once you have finished decorating the outside with the glitter glue hang the ornament to dry on a stand.
These truly come out beautiful! Enjoy this fun hobby! Great fun day with kids!
Adding a photo to a clear glass ball ornament is a good way to create very personalized holiday decorations. This is a page about making glass photo Christmas ornaments.
A fun project for the whole family can center around filling clear ornaments with a variety of holiday themed inclusions and other tidbits. Try shells, confetti, pom poms, miniature trees, and more. This is a page about filling clear Christmas ornaments.
This is a page about painting glass ornaments. Painting glass Christmas ornaments can become a tradition in you household. They are great as gifts too.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.