Making Mason Jar Lid Christmas Ornaments
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
December 2, 2019
Mason jars in our household are used as cups so we have a lot of spare lids. My son asked if he could make an ornament and I thought it'd be perfect to use the lids!
Here's an ornament we made together with sea glass, beads, pipe-cleaners, and hot glue.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 ornament
- Mason jar lid
- sea glass
- hot glue
- pipe cleaners
- Hot glue beads along pipe cleaner to resemble Christmas lights.
- Cut pipe cleaner in half so you have 2 strands of lights. Then hot glue in the position you would like.
- Find a triangular piece or pieces of sea grass that resemble a Christmas tree and a star bead for the topper. Then glue in place on the Mason jar lid.
- Using another piece of pipe cleaner, bend it into a loop/hook shape and hot glue to the back of the lid for the hanger.
- The ornament is ready to hang on your tree, or it could be a gift from your child to someone too. :)
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.