Making a Plastic Cup Christmas Chandelier
December 8, 2016
I just started decorating for Christmas and thought of making a crystal ball out of clear disposable cups, but then my mom suggested that I should make a big half sphere to create a chandelier. So, I thought of using white cups instead of the clear ones. And here are the results.
- 80 white disposable plastic cups
- 1 series lights (colored)
- candle and knife or any pointed steel utensil
- Start with two plastic cups, staple them together.
- Continue adding plastic cups until they create a big circle. Put together both ends and staple to secure.
- As the circle is formed, attach another set of cups above it for the next layer. Staple to secure side by side.
- Do the same with the next layers until you create a large bowl like shape. It should look like half a sphere.
- Get a piece of pointed steel and heat it over the fire. Now, press it unto the center of the bottom of each cup to create holes.
- When the holes are done, insert the series lights one by one on each hole. Test.
- Hang it on your ceiling and switch on to enjoy watching the lights blink and the colors change.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.