Making a Plastic Spoon Tree
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
December 20, 2017
Here's a fun and easy way to make a chic looking tree for the holidays, or any time of the year. I think they look lovely both indoors and outdoors. All you need are plastic spoons, a piece of paper, and hot glue. The bigger the paper, the taller the tree. I used a huge paper insert from a package and about 75 spoons to make a pretty tall tree. Have fun!
*Keep the handles of the spoons after you cut them. Use them for stirring or future crafts. :)
Total Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 1 tree
- plastic spoons
- wire cutters
- sturdy piece of paper
- hot glue gun with glue sticks
- spray paint (optional)
- Cut the handles off the spoons using wire cutters.
- Make a large cone by rolling your piece of paper into itself diagonally.
- Tape the seams of the paper cone shut.
- Fold the base of the cone inwards into itself to keep it even when it's standing up.
- Add hot glue to the most protruding part of the back of a spoon.
- Starting from the base of the cone, start gluing the spoons to it, going all the way around.
- Work your way up the cone by alternating the spoon placement so they overlap nicely.
- I like to flip the very top spoon up the other way around to give it a nice point.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.