Minimal Cardboard Christmas Tree Decoration
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
You can make these simple and minimal themed Christmas tree decor pieces using just cereal boxes or any thin cardboard pieces you may have laying around. They are perfect to place on your mantle as decor!
Total Time: 25 minutes
- cereal box
- glue stick
- scrapbook paper
- Cut triangle shapes from your cereal box. I cut 2 different pieces (1 large and 1 smaller). You can cut using your choice of tree design and the number of pieces you wish to make.
- Trace the triangle pieces onto the scrapbook paper, cut out, and glue paper over cardboard trees. (Or you can paint if you want.)
- Optional: I added a little detail by adding ribbon on one of the trees. Secure the ribbon with tape on the back.
- To make the Christmas trees stand up, you'll need to make a stand with some left over pieces of cardboard. Cut a rectangle piece per tree. And then fold in half.
- This step involves some trial and error, depending on how you want your tree to stand you may need to make adjustments (by cutting a smaller rectangle or larger, depending.) Then secure with tape on the back.
- They are ready to display!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.