Paint Roller Snowmen
Bronze Craft Medal for All Time! 52 Crafts
December 6, 2011
These cute little ones are fast and easy to make. They can be used as ornaments, gift tags, or put them on a table with a little Christmas tree. They would also make a cute little gift for a neighbor, mail person, or anyone you want to show that you appreciate all they do!
Approximate Time: 1 hr. hour approx.
- mini foam paint roller refills
- scraps of material
- dowel or lollipop stick
- small wiggle eyes
- orange marker
- trim of your choice
This is quite an easy project that will give cute results. I purchased these 4 inch foam rollers in Dollar Tree and they come 3 to a package. They also have a steel rod up the center where the handle for the roller would go. This helps them stand on their own. The open end is flat and the top is rounded which made them perfect for this project!
You can make the hats and scarves out of scrap material, pieces of a discarded sweater or anything you have on hand.
- For the hat, make a tube and tie at top and glue to head.
- Wrap a strip around the neck for a scarf and tie at side. Put spots of glue under it here and there to keep in place.
- Snip a piece of dowel or a lollipop stick and shave edges with a craft knife so it resembles a carrot. Color it orange with marker. Poke a small hole in foam with tip of small pointed scissors. Put glue on end of nose and wiggle it in to the foam.
- For the ear muffs, cut a piece of pipe cleaner for the band. Curve into half circle and bend ends inward. Poke a small hole on each side of roller and glue ends in, like you did the nose. Glue pom pom on each side.
- Glue on small wiggle eyes.
- I used the black center from the wiggle eyes for buttons. Just cut one end open on a wiggle eye and shake the black circle out. Glue on snowman for buttons and mouth, if desired. You could also use small beads or buttons.
By Mary from Palm Coast, FL
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.