How to Make a Plastic Bottle Christmas Tree
December 20, 2017
Read More Comments
If plastic bottles are gifted - they are gifted with many different ways to be recycled. And because it's the Christmas season, I'll make a table top Christmas tree from plastic bottles.
- 10 or more green plastic bottles
- hot glue
- mini star
- series lights
- long stick
- Note: Think first and decide on how tall your Christmas tree will be to determine the number of plastic bottles you are going to collect and the length of your stick.
- Start by removing the bottom of each plastic bottle.
- Cut them into different sizes. 1 bottle should be shorter than the other. This is to emphasize the shape of the tree.
- Then cut each bottle into thin strips from the bottom to top.
- Press or pull down the strips. It should look like this.
- Glue two bottle bottoms together. This is the base or the stand.
- The stick I'm using is a balloon stick. Let it stand into the center of the base and secure with glue.
- Stack the layers of plastic bottle strips. Start with the biggest/widest strips and going up is the smaller ones. Secure each layer with hot glue.
- Put a star on top.
- Just add in some lights and you're done!
Don't spend a lot of money on Christmas décor, rather use what you have at hand to create it. I figured out how to make this wonderful Christmas tree from a plastic bottle. I used a green plastic bottle, but you can use it in a different color, as Christmas trees don't have to always be green. You can also use any other decoration for such a Christmas tree, for example crystals, beaded garlands or even buttons that you can sew with threads if you don't have a suitable wire.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.