Making a Recycled Glamour Gift Box
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
November 7, 2015
Christmas is a time for sharing small gifts with family, friends, and neighbors. It is a time to spread some cheer and good will. Turn an old cardboard box into a glamorous box. Fill it with a thoughtful gift, such as chocolates or a homemade jar of jam, and you are ready to share the spirit of Christmas without breaking the bank in the process.
Total Time: 30 minutes, drying time included
Yield: one box
- used round cardboard box
- 0.5 in wide self-adhesive silver glitter fabric tape
- silver rhinestone encrusted flat-sided charm
- bronze ink glimmer mist
- powder green acrylic paint
- Pilot silver marker pen
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- two sponges ~ use those that were inside medicine bottles
- Use the one sponge to give the bottom part of the box and the lid an uneven wash with the green paint and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the second sponge to give the box and lid a wash with the ink glimmer mist and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the silver pen to add squiggles to the box and lid. Then, in random places, use the pen to add ink drops and use your finger to smear the silver ink over the box and lid. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Add a strip of fabric tape around the lid of the box.
- Add two strips of fabric tape across the top of the lid.
- Glue the charm to the top of lid and voila!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.