Snowman Votive Candle
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 148 Posts
This is a snowman that holds a votive candle. He is made from a frosted glass vase with a flared top. You could also use a clear glass vase in the same shape.
Total Time: about 1 hour
- 1 5 or 6 inch vase with flared top...clear or frosted
- 2 2 oz bottles acrylic paint: 1 in orange and 1 black
- 12 in Christmas ribbon
- 1 votive candle
- 4 X 4 inch square of light cardboard
- 1 small holly or poinsettia for trim
- 1 hot glue gun
- Paint just the flared top of vase with black acrylic and let dry. Also paint the cardboard square and set aside to dry.
- Paint the face, using photo 2 as a guide.
- Trim the corners of your 4 inch square to form a circle for the hat brim, then cut about a 2 inch hole in the middle. Slit it as shown in photo.
- Slip it into place at the bottom edge of the black section you have painted. Then tape the slit on the underside to hold it in place.
- Cut about 5 inches of the ribbon for his scarf and tie a knot in the middle. Hot glue just above the bottom edge of the vase to the side of the face.
- Cut a piece of the ribbon to size and hot glue just above the hat brim. Hot glue the trim in place.
- Drop the votive candle into the vase.
If you choose a clear vase, you may want to omit the votive candle and fill the vase with peppermints
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.