Thrifty Holiday Gift Wrapping
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
December 4, 2017
I find it's more fun and definitely more cost effective to make my own wrapping paper from household items and scraps rather than to purchase rolls of different wrapping paper and big bows. It's also a nice touch of personalization to make something yourself. Here is how to bundle up your presents this season with items laying around the house.
- paper bags
- tissue paper
- Scotch tape
- cardboard tube from toilet paper
- paper napkins
- Place your present inside an opened brown paper bag and cut so you have enough to wrap around it. Secure with tape.
- Cut a square piece out of the tissue paper so it is bigger than the main surface of the wrapped gift.
- Fold diagonally to form a triangle, then fold one more time into a smaller triangle.
- Fold the pointed tip in and upward.
- Cut zigzags into the top. These cuts can be as random as you like.
- Cut little shapes from both sides of the folds.
- Unfold the tissue paper and flatten.
- Secure tissue paper doily to the top of the paper bag wrapped gift with little pieces of Scotch tape.
- Tie a bow around it with string or ribbon.
- Lay a cardboard tube on a paper napkin.
- If it's a bulky party napkin, cut in half and use for multiple gifts.
- Add a bit of glue to the outsides of the cardboard tube.
- Roll your tube into the napkin, adding dabs of glue on the way to secure. Glue the end seem shut.
- Insert small gift inside tube, then glue the bottom end shut. Twist the top of the tissue then secure with ribbon or string.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.