DIY Chopstick and Bead Christmas Tree
This is a fun and quick way to make a little decorative Christmas tree, using stuff you might have saved in your house. I am a wooden chopstick hoarder. I find them so useful for crafts and projects. Here, I decided to rubber band them together to make this tree so I could use them again in the future! (No glue necessary!) Some Mardi Gras beads came in handy for the decorations, but you can use anything to adorn your baby tree.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 tree
- 12 chopsticks (at least)
- 3 rubber bands
- 1 small ball (ping pong size or so)
- 2 beaded necklaces
- decorative toppers (I used a foil candy cup and plastic holly)
- Bunch all the chopsticks together and tie the end with a rubber band.
- Spread the chopsticks out so they are spaced out evenly, making a cone shape. Push the small ball in to keep the shape of the cone.
- Tie another rubber band a little lower than the midsection of the cone.
- Stand the cone up and adjust any chopsticks if necessary.
- Wrap the tree with some beads, then secure the top with a rubber band.
- String some more beads on top. Add any decorative bits on top to hide the rubber band and bare chopstick ends. This is where I used the foil cup and faux holly.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.