Hot Chocolate for One Gift
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 408 Posts
November 19, 2015
Turn an empty glass jam jar into a fun gift for Christmas Eve. Add hot chocolate and mini marshmallows to the decorated jar, and make a sweet stocking filler. You can also use this as a decoration for your Christmas table. Make one for every member of the family, and have some winter fun!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: one stocking filler
- 2.4 in high empty glass jam jar with lid
- circle with a diameter of 2" cut from cream cardstock
- circle with a diameter of 1.6" cut from brown shimmer cardstock
- 1 inch long wooden "Peace" word
- 3 heaped teaspoons of hot chocolate powder
- 20 mini marshmallows
- natural jute ribbon
- small red polymer clay rose
- two bronze resin leaves
- 0.4 in long angel embossing tool
- Pilot silver marker pen
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Glue the cream cardstock circle to the lid of the jar.
- Emboss four angels around the edge of the brown shimmer cardstock. Highlight the angels with the silver pen and add a stitch pattern around the cardstock. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Centre and glue the brown circle on the cream circle.
- Glue the word "Peace" on the brown circle.
- Add the hot chocolate to the jar.
- Add the marshmallows on top of the hot chocolate and close the jar.
- Tie a few strings of jute ribbon around the jar and make a bow. Add a drop of glue to the knot of the bow so that the knot won't come loose.
- Glue the two leaves and the rose to the jar ~ be careful not to get any glue on the lid.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.