How to Make a 3D Straw Christmas Tree Gift Box
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
December 8, 2017
This is a cute way to turn an empty box and some straws into a cute Christmas tree gift box. You don't need to paint or cover the box, just turn it inside out and decorate!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 gift box
- 1 empty box
- Open the box so it's completely disassembled but in one piece.
- Fold it back together and glue it so the blank insides are now facing out.
- Add some heavy weights inside the box to help the pieces adhere to each other as the glue dries for at least 10 minutes.
- Measure your straws so the base of the tree's width is as wide as the box.
- Cut the straws in alternate red and green colours, making the next straw going up a little shorter than the last.
- Glue the straws onto the box, leaving a small space at the bottom for the tree trunk.
- Cut three pieces of straw and glue vertically under the tree to make the trunk.
- Cut tiny bits of other straws and glue onto the tree as ornaments, and one at the top for the star.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.