Making a Faux Christmas Stained Glass Candleholder
Since the holidays are coming soon, I thought I would use some things I found around the house to make decorations using recycled jars. Anyone can make them!
Total Time: 2 1/2 hours
Yield: 1 Candleholder
- 1 recycled jelly jar
- hairdryer (for drying)
- black marker (or Sharpie)
- acrylic paints
- paint brushes
- Elmer's glue
- Clean and dry the jar.
- Take your marker and draw the lines on your jar.
- Use a dime size amount of paint in the color you want and add a couple drops of glue to it.
- Mix the glue well with the paint.
- Decide where you want your colors to go and start painting your first color on your jar.
- After painting, use the hairdryer to dry your jar.
- After drying, you will want to clean your paint brush, and prepare to add a second color of paint to your jar.
- After finishing your second color, continue with the rest of the colors in the same fashion until all of the jar is painted.
- Once all of the colors are on the jar, use the hairdryer to dry it.
- Next cut the ribbon to fit the top of the jar, and fashion a bow of your choice at the top.
- Then add a tea light candle and enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.