Making a Felt Sugar Cookie Christmas Card
Find some inspiration from the kitchen for this Christmas card. Make a card with mock sugar cookies. Decorate the "cookies" with bows and rhinestones, and spread some festive cheer to friends and family.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- A4 sized white textured paper
- A6 sized light green shimmer paper
- 3.4 x 5.4 inch green cardstock
- flesh colored felt
- 10mm wide green metallic Washi tape
- twenty-five 4mm small clear flat-sided rhinestones
- red-and-white twine
- 4 cookie cutters ~ for this card the following cutters were used: bell (1.6"), star (1.7"), tree (2"), and angel (2")
- Pilot silver marker pen
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- With the longest sides of the white textured paper on the left and right, fold the A4 sheet of paper first from top to bottom and then from left to right.
- With the second fold on the left, use the Washi tape to divide the card into four equal rectangles. Cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the green cardstock to the inside of the card to write a message on.
- Trace the four cookie cutters onto the felt and cut the traced shapes out.
- Use the silver pen to add a silver frame around each felt "cookie."
- Make four small bows with the twine and glue a ribbon to each "cookie."
- Glue random rhinestones onto each "cookie" to add further detail.
- From the shimmer cardstock, cut four rectangles, each sized 1.4" x 2.5". Glue the shimmer rectangles to the front of the card, and add a "cookie" to each rectangle.
- Make another bow with the twine and glue it to the centre of the card.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.