Making a Lighted Christmas Bowl
These bowls are so very easy and fast to make and beautiful when lighted. Very few tools are needed. You can use a number of different colors. I think it gives your decorations a bit of elegance! Most important, everything comes from the Dollar Store!
- 1 glass 8" round (fish bowl)
- 1 bag bags of each color you want to use, of clear glass gems, flat sided
- 1 bag faux snow
- glue gun
- glue sticks
- Set out all the items you will need.
- Start by putting only a dot of hot glue on the glass gem flat side and start gluing around the top edge. Alternating each color. Continue this until the bowl is covered.
- Using a flat surface and a mat under the work. Open the package of snow and pour some into a wide bowl.
- Using the glue gun, glue around the rim of the bowl, then turn upside down into the bowl of snow turning it a bit. Making sure it is well coated.
- Then put a line of glue around the rim of the bottom, and put into the snow.
- Then take the glue gun and put a bit of glue in each little space between the gems and quickly sprinkle some snow over the sides. Do one side at a time!
- Put a battery operated tea light inside and it glows just beautifully!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.