Making a Stuck-in-the-Chimney Christmas Decoration
Mrs Claus baked lovely ginger biscuits. Santa enjoyed the biscuits so much, he has gained some weight. Oh dear! Not only are his trousers sitting too tight, he can't get through the chimney any more! Let's hope he will be able to make all his deliveries on time!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: one decoration
Source: My very creative mom came up with this idea, and I just had to figure out how to put it into practice.
- empty toilet paper roll
- polystyrene ball with a diameter of 45mm
- red, black, and yellow felt
- white cotton filling
- one long red pipe cleaner
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- Pilot silver marker pen
- brown ink
- red, neon yellow, and blue felt-tip pens
- box of matches
- Henkel Pattex contact glue
- standard scissors
- needle and red thread
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- small plastic bowl
- Add some ink to the plastic bowl. Use the paintbrush and ink to color the toilet paper roll and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the black pen to draw bricks on the toilet paper roll.
- Add some additional color to the bricks with the felt-tip pens.
- Use the silver pen to add some highlights to the bricks.
- Add the final detail to the chimney's bricks:
Add Pattex glue lines to two or three bricks at a time. While the glue is still wet, set it alight with a match, and then quickly blow out the flame. Keep adding glue lines until all the bricks have been completed in the same way. Note: Be careful that the flame does not burn the toilet paper roll.
- Cut a square from the red felt and use the needle and thread to cover the polystyrene ball with the felt. Glue the ball to the top of the chimney.
- Now make the legs:
Cut two strips sized 1" x 3.4" from the red felt. From the pipe cleaner, cut two pieces with a length of 3.2" each. Take the first trouser leg. Fold it in half so that the two long sides will be on top of one another. Stitch up the small opening and then stitch the sides together. Push one of the pieces of pipe cleaners into the trouser leg, before stitching up the last opening. Do the same with the second trouser leg.
- Make the shoes:
Cut four shoes from the black felt. Take the first two shoes and stitch the sides together. Fill the shoe with a bit of cotton filling. Then, tuck the bottom of the trouser into the shoe and stitch them together. Do the same with the second leg.
- Stitch the legs to the polystyrene ball.
- Slightly bend one of the legs to make it look as if Santa is struggling to get through the chimney.
- Cut a strip of black felt and glue it around his body to make a belt.
- Cut a small rectangle from the yellow felt. Cut the inside of the yellow felt away to leave a yellow "frame." Glue the buckle to the front of the "belt."
- Use the cotton filling to make snow around the top edge of the chimney. Done!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.