Making Glitter and Glue Icicles
When I taught Pre-k, this craft was definitely a classroom favorite! It is very simple to make and is fun for kids because they get to make a little mess. These icicles are the perfect craft for winter days at home, when it is too cold to go outside. You can also use this in the classroom when learning about winter weather, the letter I, and the structure of icicles.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 sets of icicles
- 3 sheets of construction paper (white, light blue and black work the best)
- bottled school glue
- loose glitter (in a sprinkle type canister)
- loose craft snow glitter
- You can use a full sheet of construction paper per set of icicles or cut them in half. Turn the paper horizontally and add a line of glue from one side to the other. Start at least a half an inch from the top of the page.
- Tilt the construction paper, allowing the glue to run down the page. Stop when you feel the icicles are long enough.
- Sprinkle glitter all over the glue. You can use one color or several!
- Shake off the excess glitter and allow to dry!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.