Making Pocket Pack Baking Kits
December 14, 2007
A dish towel, spoon, sprinkles, and a purchased (or homemade) cookie or cake mix is just about all you need to make the fun Pocket Pack baking kits for the whole family to enjoy. And there is no sewing or gluing! Cost is less than $5. Nice teacher or hostess gift.
Approximate Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Christmas dish towel (linen is best)
- 1 cookie (or cake) mix
- cookie cutter or foil star cupcake pans
- wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- yarn or ribbon
- writing gel
Instructions For Cookie Kit
- Using a dish towel with a design similar to the one shown, open towel and place cookie mix on the inside.
- Fold bottom two-thirds up over mix to meet Rudolph's head to make pocket.
- Fold excess neatly and secure along edge of pocket. Tie in Back.
- Tie yarn to top of kit around "antlers."
- Place cookie cutter, spoon, sprinkles, etc. in pocket.
Instructions For Cupcake Kit
- Remove cake mix from box. (Cut instructions from back of box and include in kit).
- Tape foil pans to back of cake mix bag, leaving top of cake mix bag free.
- Place inside dish towel.
- Fold bottom two-thirds up to snowman's middle to form pocket. Secure with yarn and tie in back.
- Tie yarn around snowman's neck. Finish with bow.
- Place spatula, writing gel, and sprinkles in pockets.
- This project would also work well with a Santa applique on the towel and a brownie mix could be used in place of the cake mix.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.