Making a Paper Bag Gingerbread House
Have fun with the kids making faux gingerbread houses.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- 2 paper bags
- shredded paper
- pipe cleaners
- buttons, poms, poms or any misc. tidbits you have
- First open lunch bag and fill with stuffing, paper, or shredded paper. I used my shredded waste paper. Fold top over like if you had a lunch in it.
- Staple the fold down on each end.
- Take second lunch bag leave unopened.
- Cut off the fold so that the bottom part is off.
- Glue over the other bag so it resembles a roof.
- Now let you imagination go wild. Use any scraps, buttons, felt, poms poms, anything you have to decorate the bag to look like a gingerbread house. There is no wrong way to decorate it and the kids all do it differently. I did, however, make my kid add a chenille stick coming from the chimney to look like smoke. We had limited supplies so they used markers to decorate. Adults can do a more polished version, but the kids love it and it's a lot cheaper than wasting all the food as we have never eaten a real gingerbread house.
By Hobbyist from MA
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.