Small fabric bag to hold cash or a gift card that the recipient can then hang on the tree as an ornament.
Approximate Time: Less than half an hour
- 3 scraps of fabric, one 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches (A), one piece 3 1/2 inches by 7 inches (B) and one piece 3 1/2 inches by 4 inches (C)
- 7 inches of narrow ribbon or cord
- decorating items such as felt appliques, sequins, beads, hobby symbols, etc. if desired
- sewing machine
- If desired, decorate the (A) piece of fabric, which will be the front of the bag. Then fold the ribbon in half, position and baste it to the center top edge of (A), then loop down facing down.
- Fold (B) fabric in half, wrong sides together, and position on top of (A), aligning the bottom edges and sides. (Note that B does not reach to the top.)
- Place (C) on top of these layers, wrong side up, aligning the top side and edges. (Note that C does not reach to the bottom)
- Stitch all the way around the edges using a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Trim the corners.
- Turn (C) to the back. Then turn the folded B to the back and the little bag is done.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.