DIY Light Bulb Grinch Ornament
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
December 11, 2019
I made this Grinch ornament from a burnt out light bulb. All you need is acrylic paint, some red and white fabric, and some hot glue. No sewing necessary. Tie on some ribbon and hang it on the tree. I think he's pretty cute!
Total Time: 80 minutes plus dry time
Yield: 1 ornament
- 1 light bulb
- acrylic paint (green, yellow, red)
- black Sharpie marker
- red fabric or felt
- white fabric or cotton
- hot glue
- ribbon or cord
- Paint the light bulb green. Let dry. Use an image of the Grinch as a source. With the Sharpie, draw on his eyes where the bulb starts to go in near the top.
- Paint in his eyes with yellow paint. Let dry.
- Draw on the eyelashes, button nose, and line down from the nose (slightly curved).
- Draw on his mouth.
- Paint red pupils on his eyes. Let dry.
- Take a piece of red fabric and wrap it around the top of his head. Make sure it overlaps a bit, then cut off the excess.
- Curve it inwards into a cone shape then hot glue it shut from the inside.
- Glue it onto the top of the Grinch's head.
- Cut out a long strip of white fabric and glue it around the base of the hat.
- If your red fabric is sturdy like mine, bend the hat down to the side and glue it into place.
- Glue on a little ball of white fabric to the end of the hat. Poke a hole for the ribbon or cord to go through, or hot glue it on. Hang from tree. Enjoy!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.