Making Shabby Chic Shell Ornaments
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts
November 21, 2018
I have a collection of shells that were from a box of pre-made stuffed shells entree. After the filling was eaten, I put the shells through the dishwasher to use at a later date. The shells cleaned up nicely and are in perfect shape! These shells could be used for many projects. I decided to make them shabby chic for tree and decorative pieces throughout our home.
Total Time: 2 hours
- spray paint
- craft paint
- glue gun
- ribbon - optional
- Lay clean shells on a flat surface and spray paint gold. Dry.
- Flip over. Paint and allow to dry.
- To add a little more sparkle, I added pink glitter craft paint.
- Count out 12 beads on the string; cut. This makes the perfect loop for hanging. With 1 of the shells, add hot glue at the top, begin by gluing 1 bead, then again at the other end, gluing side by side to form a loop.
- Using more glue on the bottom of the loop, take your second shell and place on top, to sandwich the beads and press the shells together.
- Allow to dry. They are now ready to hang on the tree or a display stand.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.