Making a Popsicle Stick Wooden Sled Ornament
Read More Comments
Here is a family holiday fun project. It is easily made using Popsicle sticks, hot glue, and craft paints. You can use a variety of colors and embellishments. Here's how!
- 6 to 8 Popsicle sticks (small & larger)
- hot glue gun
- craft paints
- paint brushes
- Lay out two longer sticks and 6 smaller sticks for each sled.
- Place a smaller stick down, put a drop of glue on both ends of the small stick. Take a longer stick and glue onto both ends of the smaller stick. Give it a second to dry.
- With 5 smaller sticks, glue together side to side, as shown. They are set with a curve.
- Take your first set of sticks and turn right side up. Then place 5 piece section down toward the base of the sled and glue in place. Allow to dry.
- Paint and allow to dry.
- Add embellishments and a ribbon or string for hanging.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These are so very pretty when you make them yourself. This is not an easy project, but the results are stunning. It has been a tradition in my family to give the children each an ornament for Christmas to add to their collection.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.