Making a Rigatoni Reindeer Ornament or Pin
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 148 Posts
April 21, 2008
This is a good craft for the kiddies. They will need a little help with the hot glue gun, or you could substitute thick Tacky Glue. They can make it to hang on the tree or as a lapel pin.
- 1 piece rigatoni*, uncooked
- 1-12 inch brown chenille stem
- 1 small red bead for the nose
- a pair of tiny wiggly eyes. Fig 1 Fig 2
- 10 or 12 inches of red 1/4 inch ribbon
- hot glue gun and glue
- brown acrylic paint and a small paint brush
*Rigatoni is a pasta found where you buy spaghetti.
- Paint rigatoni with brown acrylic paint.
- Let dry thoroughly.
- Cut the brown chenille stem into 3-4 inch pieces.
- Bend one into a V and each of the others into an oval shape.
- Glue them to the rigatoni using Fig. 2 above as a guide.
- Cut the red ribbon in half and glue one piece in place for a hanger, and tie the other piece in a bow and glue top front of pasta.
- Glue on 2 tiny wiggly eyes and the red bead for the nose.
- Or you could leave the hanger ribbon off and glue a pin back to the backside and wear it on your lapel.
Click Here to download the instructions as a PDF.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas
Read More Comments
By Judy (Guest Post)
April 21, 20080 found this helpful
This is really cute and wouldn't be costly! Great idea for nursing homes. Thanks for sharing it. HUGS
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.