Making a Wiggly Paper Snowman
December 6, 2019
Do you wanna build a snowman??! Here's a simple wiggly snowman decoration made with "all scratch paper" materials. Grab your old papers and magazines and start an eco friendly holiday display.
- white paper
- old newspapers and magazines or find a black cardstock
- string or stapler
- Place a short sized white paper in landscape position. Fold it like an accordion.
- Squeeze in and fold equally in half. Secure the center with a string or staple to hold.
- Pull two ends inward and glue them together.
- Make another one, then stick them together to make a round piece.
- Take another piece of paper and cut in half.
- Place in a portrait position and again make an accordion.
- Make another one and repeat the same steps.
- Now, you have a smaller piece.
- Stick the two round pieces (one edge of the big one to one edge of the smaller one) together.
- Then start looking for colorful parts from magazines. I started with the scarf. Stick it to where the two edges of the circles meet.
- Then cut a hat out of any black part from an old magazine page. Attach it on top of the circles. Add some detail to the hat as you wish.
- Next, attach the belt.
- Lastly cut out and glue in place the orange nose, eyes, and mouth.
- Hang it on your walls or doors. You can squeeze the sides repeatedly or tilt the snowman to have it wiggle.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.