Making a Paper and Cotton Snowman
December 25, 2011
Make a cute snowman, by recycling household stuffs like newspapers, scraps of cloth, and cotton.
Approximate Time: over an hour
- scraps of paper
- small piece of cloth
- colors: pens, pastels, crayons, anything :)
- Crumple a newspaper into a ball.
To make bigger balls, I find it easier to make a small ball first, put it in another sheet of newspaper and crumple it around. Then put that into another sheet and so on, till the desired size is reached.
- Then, wrap the ball around tightly, with the thread.
- Make another ball of newspaper, preferably of a bigger size.
- Paste the bigger ball on a piece of cardboard.
- Glue the smaller ball on top of the larger one.
- Glue cotton all over the cardboard and the balls, covering them fully.
Tip: I recycled old, used, yellowed cotton for covering the back and new white ones for the front.
Once the snowman is ready, the real fun begins: adding accessories!
- I tied an old scrap of cloth around his neck for the scarf.
- Color a small piece of paper orange and roll it into a cone, gluing it on his face to make his nose.
- Cut oval shapes from a black colored paper and glue them on his face to make his eyes.
- Roll a red piece of paper to make his Christmas hat and glue it over his head.
- Cut two round shapes from a brown-colored paper and paste on his body to make buttons.
- You can get creative and dress him up
And... its done!
By Gunja from West Bengal, India
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.