Make a cute snowman, by recycling household stuffs like newspapers, scraps of cloth, and cotton.
Approximate Time: over an hour
- scraps of paper
- small piece of cloth
- colors: pens, pastels, crayons, anything :)
- Crumple a newspaper into a ball.
To make bigger balls, I find it easier to make a small ball first, put it in another sheet of newspaper and crumple it around. Then put that into another sheet and so on, till the desired size is reached.
- Then, wrap the ball around tightly, with the thread.
- Make another ball of newspaper, preferably of a bigger size.
- Paste the bigger ball on a piece of cardboard.
- Glue the smaller ball on top of the larger one.
- Glue cotton all over the cardboard and the balls, covering them fully.
Tip: I recycled old, used, yellowed cotton for covering the back and new white ones for the front.
Once the snowman is ready, the real fun begins: adding accessories!
- I tied an old scrap of cloth around his neck for the scarf.
- Color a small piece of paper orange and roll it into a cone, gluing it on his face to make his nose.
- Cut oval shapes from a black colored paper and glue them on his face to make his eyes.
- Roll a red piece of paper to make his Christmas hat and glue it over his head.
- Cut two round shapes from a brown-colored paper and paste on his body to make buttons.
- You can get creative and dress him up
And... its done!
By Gunja from West Bengal, India
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.