Making a Folded Paper Christmas Tree Ornament
I love reusing/upcycling my children's artwork especially my daughter's! She loves her dotting markers so I figured I would incorporate them into homemade Christmas tree ornaments! These would also be nice as gifts (to grandparents, aunts, or uncles) or to pair with their gifts as a gift tag!
Total Time: 10-15 minutes + amount time for your child to create their artwork
- child's art work creation (dot markers, markers, colored pens)
- star foam
- construction paper
- Find an art piece your child has just finished or no longer needs (ready to be tossed out).
- Cut the piece in half (it does not have to be an even cut in size). And fold accordion style.
- Staple one end as pictured, for each piece. Now it resembles a triangle (Christmas tree).
- Cut a piece of string/ribbon that is long enough to make a loop on the ornament as the hanger and tape at the tip of the stapled end.
- Using a foam star sticker - stick it onto the tip of your Christmas tree.
- Not to worry - if you don't have foam star stickers on hand, you can freehand and cut your own star from construction paper and hot glue in place!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.