Making a Melted Snowman Ornament
I'm just in love with this melted snowman ornament. It is made mostly of hot glue and paint, it's really easy to put together. Bring out the dimensions by layering on the hot glue, and making him an adorable top hat from soft felt.
Total Time: 1 hour plus dry time
Yield: 1 ornament
- parchment paper
- hot glue gun with glue
- acrylic paint (white, brown, orange, black)
- black felt
- thin ribbon
- fine ribbon or string
- To make the melted snowman body, draw a squiggly blob on the parchment paper with your pencil.
- Fill inside the lines with hot glue.
- Allow to dry. This won't take long at all.
- Draw the snowman's branch arms and carrot nose onto the parchment paper.
- Paint the melted snowman blob white. Let dry.
- Paint the carrot orange and the branch arms brown. Let dry.
- To make the top hat, cut out one circle of black felt, then one a bit smaller. Cut out a long thin rectangle.
- Form the long rectangle into a cylinder, making sure its rim is the same size as the little circle. Hot glue the ends closed.
- Glue the small circle onto the cylinder.
- Now glue this onto the big circle.
- Glue a piece of ribbon around the base of the hat above the brim.
- Glue the hat, arms, and nose onto the white blob.
- Add little blobs of black paint for the coal eyes and mouth. Let dry.
- Hot glue a loop of fine ribbon or string to the back of the ornament and hang. These also look super cute on their own, laying around on tables for wintertime gatherings.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.