Making a Paper Ballerina Gingerbread Ornament
You can make lots of cute and fun ornaments with just paper (feel free to adjust with supplies you already own). Here's one I made for my daughter to reflect her personality and I used her favorite color for the shirt.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- construction paper
- elastic hair band or rubber band
- hot glue
- felt scraps
- tulle scraps
- pipe cleaner
- googly eyes
- black marker
- Using brown construction paper, freehand draw and cut out your gingerbread shape.
- Apply googly eyes (or draw in eyes if you don't have googly eyes on hand.)
- Figure out what color felt to use for crown and shirt. I freehand and cut yellow felt for the crown. I used red (daughter's favorite color) for the shirt. You'll need some tulle (any scraps would do, or you can use paper or felt.)
- Cut a rectangular strip of tulle and roll it up. Then tie a knot with an elastic hair band or rubber band at the top to flare it out into a tutu. Hot glue the tutu down.
- Hot glue shirt and crown in place.
- Optional - My daughter loves her beads, so we had to hot glue 1 down on the crown.
- Using a pipe cleaner, loop and twist to create a hanger. Hot glue to the back so you can hang this ornament up on your tree.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.