Making a Rigatoni Reindeer Ornament or Pin
This is a good craft for the kiddies. They will need a little help with the hot glue gun, or you could substitute thick Tacky Glue. They can make it to hang on the tree or as a lapel pin.
- 1 piece rigatoni*, uncooked
- 1-12 inch brown chenille stem
- 1 small red bead for the nose
- a pair of tiny wiggly eyes. Fig 1 Fig 2
- 10 or 12 inches of red 1/4 inch ribbon
- hot glue gun and glue
- brown acrylic paint and a small paint brush
*Rigatoni is a pasta found where you buy spaghetti.
- Paint rigatoni with brown acrylic paint.
- Let dry thoroughly.
- Cut the brown chenille stem into 3-4 inch pieces.
- Bend one into a V and each of the others into an oval shape.
- Glue them to the rigatoni using Fig. 2 above as a guide.
- Cut the red ribbon in half and glue one piece in place for a hanger, and tie the other piece in a bow and glue top front of pasta.
- Glue on 2 tiny wiggly eyes and the red bead for the nose.
- Or you could leave the hanger ribbon off and glue a pin back to the backside and wear it on your lapel.
Click Here to download the instructions as a PDF.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.