Making Button Christmas Cards
One of my favorite parts of Christmas is decorating Christmas cards! This year, I found some button card ideas that were too adorable not to try. All of the ones I attempted were really easy to do and turned out great! I think even older kids would enjoy making these cards. A personal touch is always nice. I know I treasure and keep any card I receive, if I can tell someone spent time on it. My favorite of these is probably the dangling ornaments or strand of lights. I like the simplicity of only having the button decor on the front. Then I go crazy on the inside with the message and stickers!!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 cards
- 2.5 pieces of white card stock
- 30 buttons (what you consider Christmas colors)
- glue gun
- 2 short pieces of pipe cleaner
- stickers, confetti, or other items to decorate the inside of the card.
- Cut the card stock sheets in half. Then fold the half sheets in half. Trim any overlap to make the edges even.
- For the "ho ho ho" card, simply write the "h" across the front of the card, three times, leaving a space between each for the "o"s.
Hot glue a button to the right of each "h". Add any greetings inside that you choose.
- For the Christmas tree card, hot glue a layer of green buttons for the bottom of the tree. Then choose a different color for the garland. Use another level of green and garland. And finally two green buttons with a yellow above for the star.
You can leave it as is or add a trunk. I used a pipe cleaner, but you can also draw one or use a brown button or paper.
- For the ornament card, draw the metal hook pieces along the middle of the card. Hot glue a button under each hook piece.
- For the dangling ornaments, hot glue the buttons first, randomly across. Then draw a straight line up from each button and add a bow.
- For the light strand card, draw the strand and add the pieces where the lights attach. Then hot glue a button under each piece. The final version of this one is in the main photo.
- Finally, you can write your Christmas/holiday message inside and add stickers, confetti, or anything festive!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.