Make your own Christmas tree, using paper and recycling used gift-wraps too!
Approximate Time: more than an hour
- stiff paper, preferably green
- scraps of colored paper, preferably in different shades of green
I love recycling, so coloring plain papers using crayons (or whatever medium's available), if such colored papers are not available, is definitely recommended :)
- Roll the stiff paper into the shape of a cone and glue its edges. Then cut off its base so it can stand.
- Cut rectangular strips of paper in different shades of green and shred the edges, as shown.
- Attach the strips around the cone, from base up.
- Using your palm, curl the shreds in upward direction after attaching each layer.
- Paste scraps of different colored shiny gift-wraps on pieces of stiff paper.
- Then cut them in different shapes, stars, bells, balls, whatever you wanna hang on your tree.
This is the process that took really long for me, but the results were definitely worth it :)
- Finally, decorate your tree gluing the cut-outs.
By Gunja from West Bengal, IndiaRead More Comments