Poured Paint Ornaments
This is a fun and inexpensive DIY poured paint ornament that anyone can make. The possibilities are endless and every design will turn out different, unique, and one of a kind. My favorite is the galaxy ornament made with gold metallic paint and blue being more prominent. You can use any acrylic paints you have or purchase acrylic paint for this project since it's fairly inexpensive.
The only down side is that it took a few days to thoroughly dry, but you don't have to necessarily allow the ornaments to dry since it's on the inside.
Total Time: 15-20 minutes + drying time
Yield: As many as you'd like!
- acrylic paints
- clear ornaments
- masking tape
- plastic cups for drying the ornaments
- Use a clear ornament and open the top. Apply a generous amount of acrylic paint, cover with duct tape so this project will be mess free.
- And rotate the ornament so the paint is evenly spread throughout. The cups will help support the ball. Solids are the easiest and work best if you have a Christmas theme and the color ornaments you want are not available, you can make your own with acrylic paint.
- Next, the fun part is designing these ornaments with mixed colors, especially using metallic acrylic paint for a nice sparkle, sheen. Drop assorted paints in the ornament, once you have all the paint colors you want in, cover the top with masking tape.
- Now, the fun part. You're ready to spin the ornament to get your masterpiece!
- They are ready to hang on the tree!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.