Santa Tree Topper
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 148 Posts
This is a cute little Santa tree topper made from an empty thread cone from a package of Peaches and Cream crochet cotton. Inexpensive and easy to make.
Approximate Time: a couple hours
- 7 inch cardboard thread cone
- fake fur strip about 1 1/2 inches by 12 inches long
- white curly doll hair
- 1/4 inch wooden plug
- gold spray paint
- acrylic paints in black, white, light pink, and bright pink
- black Sharpie marker, optional
- large jingle bell
- greenery, beads, etc., for trimming
- hot glue gun
- Spray the cone with gold paint.
- Measure down from the tip 4 inches. Paint a square (about 2 x 2 inches ) light pink for Santa's face.
- Paint the wood button a bright pink for his nose.
- Dab a little bright pink on for his cheeks.
- Paint, or using a black Sharpie, draw on the
eyes and lashes using the picture as a guide.
- Glue the nose in place.
- Highlight the nose and eyes as in the picture.
- Glue a strip of fake fur around the cone just above his eyes for a hat band, and another shorter piece on the tip of the cone.
- Add a jingle bell to the tip. Glue curly hair in place for his hair and his beard.
- Add a few beads, a little greenery, or a tiny poinsettia to the hat band. Or create your own enhancements.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!