Personalized Spool Ornaments
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
To celebrate my grandson's first Thanksgiving and first Christmas and to commemorate family who can't be here this year due to COVID, I created some cute but simple tree ornaments using just photos and empty thread spools for an old fashioned look!
- favorite photos
- empty thread spools
- rubber band
- On your computer print out a favorite photo under the smallest size available (mine prints a page called contact sheet of 36 pics). I discovered that my program would add the name of the file too and so I left that on some of the photos, making them Personalized "FIRST THANKSGIVING AND FIRST CHRISTMAS" ornaments!
- Cut out a strip of photos horizontally to fit around whatever sized spool you have.
- Cut a piece of ribbon, fold it in half and thread it through the hole in the bottom of the spool. Tie a knot at the bottom to keep it from sliding through the spool.
- Place glue on the spool and wrap the photo around it. I used a rubber band to hold the photo on to the spool and let it dry.
- It's ready to hang on your tree or as a gift tag! Nice to have photos of loved ones who might not have been able to attend your holiday celebrations this year. Still close to our hearts!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.