Personalized Spool Ornaments
To celebrate my grandson's first Thanksgiving and first Christmas and to commemorate family who can't be here this year due to COVID, I created some cute but simple tree ornaments using just photos and empty thread spools for an old fashioned look!
- favorite photos
- empty thread spools
- rubber band
- On your computer print out a favorite photo under the smallest size available (mine prints a page called contact sheet of 36 pics). I discovered that my program would add the name of the file too and so I left that on some of the photos, making them Personalized "FIRST THANKSGIVING AND FIRST CHRISTMAS" ornaments!
- Cut out a strip of photos horizontally to fit around whatever sized spool you have.
- Cut a piece of ribbon, fold it in half and thread it through the hole in the bottom of the spool. Tie a knot at the bottom to keep it from sliding through the spool.
- Place glue on the spool and wrap the photo around it. I used a rubber band to hold the photo on to the spool and let it dry.
- It's ready to hang on your tree or as a gift tag! Nice to have photos of loved ones who might not have been able to attend your holiday celebrations this year. Still close to our hearts!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.